Consciously or subconsciously we might have achieved a habit to treat us late at night. Most importantly, after dinner treats has become very popular among the people regardless the age and gender. From different health related studies it is being found that people doing desk job or corporate job throughout the day are usually tend to eat more food at night. Thus, people who satisfies their appetite with after dinner treats can weigh far more than those who used to eat their food around the day.
The late night dinner can be awfully dangerous in weight gaining process, moreover if we tend to treat our self with after dinner desserts continuously, then it could be exquisitely unfavorable in weight losing process. There are so many kind of after dinner treats available out there. Mostly we can do it by-
- Eating dessert or sweetmeat after the dinner
- Drinking sugared drink or beverages after having dinner
- Eating salty snacks, chips and any other crispy foods before going to sleep
- Eating cakes and pastry food after taking dinner
- Eating ice creams etc.
It is found from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition Study, that people who eat late at night are usually tend to store 12% more calories than those who eat their meal early at night.
There are also some other facts which could be accelerated by after dinner treats. I have written down briefly about those facts.
These are likely-
1. Breaking body’s circadian rhythms
It is mainly occurred by the irregular and unusual intake of calories. Disruption in the circadian rhythms can play a vital role in the development of metabolic disorders, which can adversely affect in weight losing process.
2. Disrupting your sleep
After dinner treats can make you overwhelmed in calorie intake, which will lead you on the way to disrupt your sleep at night.
This disrupted sleep will result in irregular metabolism process. So, you should keep yourself away from all kinds of after dinner treat to stay focused and sharp in weight loss process.
3. Increasing the risk of heartburn
Eating a large meal at night and then after dinner treat might awfully increase the risk of heartburn. A very scientific term, named as ‘Esophageal reflux is used to signify this phenomenon. It mostly occurs when the stomach is full and then we lay down.
4. Metabolic dysfunction
It’s a very common consequence of after dinner treat and eating late at night. It necessarily means to make the metabolic process very irregular and disrupted, which can pave the way to store the excess calories as fat. It is also happened by eating high caloric meal.
5. Increasing the probability of numerous diseases
After dinner treat can increase the probability of numerous diseases in human body. High caloric intake at night necessitates to excrete much amount of insulin than the regular demand. Insulin is essential to lower the level of blood sugar during the resting time.
But, if body consistently fail to manage this functionality, then it will lead the way to type-2 diabetes, hypertension and different type of cardiovascular diseases.
Tips for having desert to avoid weight loss
- Have desert once a week: When you are in the way of weight loss and have a habit of taking desert at night then you should be caring regarding the desert. The less time you take, desert the better for your weight loss. Try to eat desert once in a week.
- Choose occasion: Another way of eating desert less frequently is, choosing occasion to have desert. On the wedding party or birthday of your friends can be a chance to eat desert.
- Eat quality desert: Don’t eat too much desert rather try to have quality desert. Eat your favorite desert item in minimum quantity but don’t eat too much unfavorable one.
- Workout to drop extra calorie: Whenever you eat too much desert, the next morning you should spend some extra minutes to drop out some extra energy. It will help you to protect the fat to be stored in your body.
- Have low calorie desert: When you eat desert be sure that it is low in calorie. If it is low calorie desert then you can consume at your desired level. Even low calorie desert also should be consumed at limited amount.