You know that food scale is a very appropriate one to give you the accurate serving size of a food product ideal for your daily consumption. Especially people who are very much concerned with their health are always try to eat in a right portion. So to eat in a right portion every daily you need to weigh your foods that are not coming in a same form every time. So to weight your daily food serving you can use some simple different stuffs at your home or outside the home to other than using foods scale alone. However, it is a bit difficult, but the matter is how you simply use them to weigh the portion out.
Here I would like to bring you something that may help you weigh the foods’ size very easily.
Use Your Hand to Weigh Food Portion
To weigh food portion you can use your hand as a weight-weighing tool. Depending on your hand size and the sizes of the foods are to be weighed you may be able to find the actual amount.
Here is given a general guideline how you simply can estimate the amount of foods portion ideal for maintaining a good health or guide you lose extra weight to some extent.
- A single serving of cheese is about the size of your thumb.
- 1 level handful may equivalent to 1 quarter cup i.e. from a single serving of nuts is around one oz. or one-fourths to one-thirds.
- Single heaping handful may equivalent to half a cup for example- from single serving of dry pasta is approximately equals to half a cup.
- One teaspoon may equivalent to a single finger scoop for example- from single serving of butter or oil is usually around a teaspoon.
- Using your hand, you may also able to measure the meat food portion. For example-in your palm you roughly can hold around 3 oz. of chicken or fish meats.
- In your close-fist, you can nearly hold a cup of fruits or vegetables.
- Chees of a single serving is almost the equivalent size of your thumb etc.
Therefore, in so many different way you can use your hand to measure the foods portion your daily intake.
Use Plate to Weigh Foods Portion
It really amazing using plate to weight foods portion. Most of the people on diet use plates to get the appropriate portion for them. Weighing of foods portion varies depending on the sizes of plates used to estimate foods serving. There are verity sizes of plates we generally use in our eating. Some are small and some are larger. Smaller is designed in 8 to 9 inches whereas larger is designed normally in 10 to 12 inches across normally.
Below given a guideline may come in your use to weigh foods portion-
- 1 quarter of an 8 inches plate is almost equivalent to half to third-fourths of cups usually.
- 1 quarter of a ten and half inches plate is almost equivalent to one to one and half a cups.
- 1 half of an 8 inches plate is nearly equivalent to one and half to two cups
- 1 half of a 10 and half inches plate is nearly equivalent to three cups etc.
Therefore using plate for measuring portion size may be difficult sometimes but within course of time may be able to do this accurately. Besides, the size plates you also need to watch how much you pile on your plate to figure the appropriate amount.
Use Portion Control Plates to Weigh Foods Portion
To eat or drink right amount of foods or drink you can also use the portion control plates or glasses to measure the foods portion.
To keep a healthy physique you need to count your daily calorie intake. No matter how you can count, them but using different types of foods portion weighing stuffs you can do it. Therefore every time it may not be possible to hold food scale to weigh food portion.so having known the use of some common stuff to weigh foods portion you may somewhat select the appropriate portion for you.to bring an ideal amount of foods portion in your diet as recommended you need to weigh your foods meal to meal.