Fat has become has become buzzword which is mostly misunderstood. Many health conscious people become frightened if they found any fat in their meal. Although fatty foods are main culprit for boosting weight gain. So this article for those people who are anxious fatty foods. Remember if you strictly avoid fatty foods that also reason of various health issues. So I don’t ask you to avoid fat added foods completely. Rather I would suggest lowering fat content in your meal. A t the same time I would focus on how to make your diet low fat.
Fat you need everyday
Expert says that a person should get 20%-35% calories from fat. So if you eat 2000 calories you have to consume 44-77 grams of fat. It is not possible to count calories all the time. So I advise to read the level of every foods pack you buy from shop. You will find a label on the product that shows you the nutrients content of that food. Another thing is, you will not get all necessary amount of fat from one or two fat foods. That’s why you have to eat variety of low fat foods.
Tips for having low fat foods
Fat mostly contains in meat so when you eat meat ensure that it is lean and low fat meat. If you are fond of meat source then transfer your attention to other nonmeat protein sources including peas, tofu, yoghurt, skim milk, skim milk, low fat cheese, omega-3 fatty acid rich foods like salmon, walnut, and flax seed.
- Cut off fat from meat and remove skin from chicken, duck and turkey.
- You might be excited when protein rich soup is made at home. But be calm and have patience. Before eating this soup, keep it in refrigerator for few minutes. Then remove the fat cover from the soup and then have it.
- If you like eating fried meat then leave it now. As fried meat is a reason of gaining weight. Try having baked, boiled or grilled meats as much as you can.
- Would you like to have a little sour or spicy taste in your meal? If no, try it now. Add lemon juice, spices in you dishes instead of cheese, butter or cream made sauce. Lemon juice and spices are natural food burner that keeps your fat in check
- The more the lemon is good for fat burning the more the sour cream is bad although both taste same. But you can try plain low fat yoghurt.
Low fat diet idea
Breakfast: Whole wheat, porridge made with milk, honey, raisin, fruit smoothie, lean bacon butty, muesli.
Lunch: Jacket potato with cottage cheese, vegetable soups, whole grain bread, sandwich, mustard, tuna, cucumber, baked beans, mashed banana, pasta tomato sauce and chicken pasta salad.
Evening meal: grilled fish, fish cakes, cottage pie made with mined beef, vegetable burger, risotto, chicken casserole.
Snacks: fresh, dried, frozen fruits, vegetable served with tomato salsa, popcorn, bread sticks, muffin toast with jam, honey etc., crisp bread with cottage cheese.
When you are planning to eat low fat diet foods always try to have boiled, baked or grilled foods. Don’t add butter, gravy or sauce. Drink plenty of water so that you feel full foe long time and reduce weight.