Salt is the major element of food. We can’t even think of taking some particular foods without mixing salt. It’s firmly incorporated with the food intake. That is why we can’t stop taking salt entirely. But, we can reduce the salt intake.
Many of us have a common knowledge about the adverse effects of salt. It is likely; salt can improvise the following health disorder. Such as –
- Blood pressure
- Weak bones
- Aggravates cancer
- Gaining weight etc.
Different studies show that cutting salt from diet can help you lose 2-3lbs of weight within couple of weeks. Salt is close related with the gaining and losing weight.
Now, if you are on the way to lose weight, you should try your best to keep yourself away from the sodium intake. To help you minimize the sodium intake I have written down few tip
- Go through the nutrition facts while you are at grocery store. Processed and packed foods are tagged with a chart of nutrition facts. If you find that the food contains enough of sodium as it helps to preserve food for longer period of time, then you should skip that item.
- To replace the use of salt you can introduce additional flavor to the foods. This could be done by adding herbs and spices like oregano, garlic, basil, thyme, pepper and sesame. By adding those you can bring flavor without extra sodium.
- Try to find out low or no sodium versions while you are going to buy frozen meals, canned foods, and favorite soups from the shop.
- Choose sodium free canned vegetables if you don’t have enough time to buy fresh raw vegetables from the market.
- If you are fond of eating different types of packed pickles, then here is an alert for you. You might not aware that pickles are packed with saturated salt. So, it is better to look for the lower sodium added pickles at the store.
- You shouldn’t be satisfied by seeing the option that like low fat or low calorie on the food packs. We have a common misconception to select those food regardless the volume of added sodium. So, make sure that you know the amount of added salt alongside.
- Fast foods are rich in fat and sodium. So, it is better to stay away from the fast foods while you are on the way to lose weight.